Table of Contents
- Skilled Personal Injury Trial Attorneys Protect The Rights Of Injured Accident Victims In Broward County
- Establishing Your Right to Compensation in a Hollywood Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Lawyer at Lawlor, White & Murphey Provides Expert Legal Representation to Accident Victims Throughout Florida
- Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Top-Rated Hollywood Personal Injury Lawyer
- Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Hollywood
Skilled Personal Injury Trial Attorneys Protect The Rights Of Injured Accident Victims In Broward County
Florida law permits injured parties to recover compensatory damages when another person causes an accident or somehow causes their injuries. This statement initially seems clear-cut, but most injured parties may be uncertain where to turn for help in recovering fair compensation for personal injuries and compensation may even be the furthest thing from their minds while recovering from serious physical harm. Most injured parties quickly learn, however, that they need fair compensation in order to aid in their actual physical recoveries—medical expenses pile up quickly, and the responsible party should be held accountable for the negligent or reckless actions that caused the injury in the first place. Whether you are a resident of Hollywood, were visiting the area on vacation, or are a seasonal resident, you deserve just compensation if you were injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s careless actions. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, a knowledgeable Hollywood personal injury lawyer and investigative staff will keep you 100% apprised of your case progress while handling every aspect of pursuing your claim for fair compensation so that you can focus on recovering from your physical injuries and moving on with your life.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Establishing Your Right to Compensation in a Hollywood Personal Injury Lawsuit
Florida law establishes certain minimum threshold standards that must be satisfied in order to pursue a formal lawsuit for compensation in a personal injury case in Hollywood. In legal circles, this is known as the “serious injury” threshold, and generally requires that your injuries result in:
- Serious and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Significant and permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Injuries that, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, are permanent, or
When an injury does not rise to the level required under Florida’s serious injury law, the injured party is generally not entitled to recover compensation from the person who caused the accident. Many clients read this four-part list and think that only the most severe of injuries will qualify—but the law is really designed to allow recovery in any case where the injury prevents you from performing in your daily life, while simultaneously preventing frivolous lawsuits seeking compensation for extremely minor injuries.
For example, in most cases, even a broken wrist will rise to the level of a serious injury because it impairs an important bodily function—namely, accomplishing any activity for which you may require the use of your wrists, such as writing, typing, or lifting.
This is where getting to know our personal injury clients on a personal level allows us to provide much more effective legal representation. Injuries impact people differently. In every case we take on, we thoroughly investigate and gather evidence to make a strong argument detailing how the injury has specifically impacted your life so that we can maximize your compensation award and hold the responsible party accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Lawyer at Lawlor, White & Murphey Provides Expert Legal Representation to Accident Victims Throughout Florida
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, we are a comprehensive personal injury law firm and handle all types of personal injury cases in South Florida, whether you need the advice of:
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Car Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Hollywood
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Hollywood
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Hollywood
- Legal Malpractice Lawyers in Hollywood
- Work Injury Lawyers in Hollywood
Although it is difficult to put a price on the value of a personal injury lawsuit when you are facing a serious injury that could impact the rest of your life, our decades’ of experience practicing law in Hollywood and South Florida has provided us with the skills we need to do just that. We consult with specialists and experts to determine how your injury could cost you from an economic standpoint, and we also get to know you personally so we can gain a better understanding of the potential non-economic costs of your injury. Economic costs include your actual financial losses, such as medical expenses and lost wages, both now and into the future. Determining the value of non-economic damages requires a more subjective analysis, as these damages can include elements such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish caused by permanent or ongoing disfigurement or scarring
- Trauma caused by the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship in a wrongful death case
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Top-Rated Hollywood Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in an accident in Hollywood or elsewhere in South Florida, you need an experienced accident attorney in Hollywood who you can trust by your side. Our lawyers realize how difficult recovering from a serious injury can be, and are here to provide both support and unparalleled legal guidance throughout every step of your personal injury claim. Call our offices, or fill out this brief online contact form, to schedule a free initial consultation to tell us what happened in your case today.
Verdict / Auto Accident
Judgement / Auto Accident
Settlement / Auto Accident
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Personal Injury Lawyers
- Cooper City Personal Injury Lawyers
- Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
- Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Davie Personal Injury Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Accidents & Injuries
- Hallandale Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Hollywood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lauderhill Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lighthouse Point Personal Injury Lawyers
- Margate Personal Injury Lawyers
- Miramar Personal Injury Lawyers
- North Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers
- Oakland Park Personal Injury Lawyers
- Parkland Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Personal Injury Lawyers
- Plantation Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Sunrise Personal Injury Lawyers
- Tamarac Personal Injury Lawyers
- West Park Personal Injury Lawyers
- Weston Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wilton Manors Personal Injury Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations in Broward County available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Hollywood
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
Should I speak with the insurance company if I’m in an accident?
Your first step should be to schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer. Usually, negotiation with the relevant insurance companies begins the process of recovering compensation for your injuries. While you can make the insurance claim on your own, exercise caution in accepting a settlement award and remember that most initial offers will undervalue your case. We can negotiate with your own insurance company and a third-party insurance company on your behalf. Filing an actual lawsuit for personal injuries requires going to the courts and filing formal documents, which we can also complete for you.
While many don’t realize it, even your own insurance company is likely to undervalue your case because all insurance companies are motivated by profit, which means they will always attempt to minimize their liability even if you clearly deserve compensation. This is an unfortunate reality and often leads to multiple rounds of offers and counteroffers, which is where the help of a skilled personal injury attorney becomes valuable.